This page describes some of the most venerable plugins and customizations to this TWiki site.-- Ian Holmes - 02 Apr 2009
Installed TWiki.DirectedGraphWebMapPlugin -- Ian Holmes, 11 November 2005
Installed TWiki.MathModePlugin for excellent latex2html-style math graphics in pages. See Teaching.KaKsRatios for an example. -- Ian Holmes, 11 November 2005
Installed TWiki.KoalaSkin, added new logo. -- Ian Holmes, 15 October 2005
Implemented a basic form of spam prevention: adding new external links is prohibited to non-authenticated users. -- Ian Holmes, 7 July 2005
We now have a simple blog-like functionality (TWiki.LabLogPlugin, developed in-house). See Web Critic for a functional example. I've also added TWiki.SessionPlugin (see link on left bar) and TWiki.EFetchPlugin (see e.g. Trash.PhylogeneticAlignmentReader or Paper Archive). - Ian Holmes, 5 March 2005
Put the TWiki code under CVS - Ian Holmes, 28 Feb 05
Ideas for upcoming enhancements:
- Simplest Possible Blog: create a Blog Web, with pages like Ian Holmes Current, Ian Holmes Recent and Ian Holmes Archive (auto-updated by "New Entry" button); also e.g. Ian Holmes2802051218 (for an entry on 28th Feb 2005 at 12:18 PM); the New Entry button puts INCLUDE directives in Ian Holmes Current, etc, pointing to the newly-created entry. Should be just a few lines of perl
- update (11/11/05): the TWiki.LabLogPlugin does this (sort of). See e.g. Web Critic
- Simplest Possible Genome Browser: create a DNA Web, whose entries (when whitespace and other punctuation is stripped out) are DNA sequences. Then, for example, Human Chromosome I/1000-2000 auto-creates a link returning the substring from position 1000 to position 2000 of the Human Chromosome I page in the DNA Web. Later, add a reverse search feature that gives a graphical display showing all pages that have links to Human Chromosome I.
Chris, I'll probably do this quite soon but just to keep a journal & let you know what's up (feel free to dive into the Perl and do it yourself if the mood strikes you; I've been ordered to do chores this morning): RCS seems to be working except that if you edit a file while the lock is active, then it treats all your edits as part of the same revision.
There is a checkbox on the save page that says "release lock file". This does delete the RCS lockfile. However, currently the TWiki's concept of whether the "lock" is active actually doesn't depend on the lockfile, but only on whether the file was recently edited.
Quick fix (done): Temporarily changed line 399 of file /var/www/twiki/lib/TWiki.cfg from $doKeepRevIfEditLock = "1"; ...to... $doKeepRevIfEditLock = "0"; so that RCS is used even if the "lock" is active
Proper long-term fix (not yet done): Check for RCS lockfile on line 840 of /var/www/twiki/lib/TWiki/Store.pm (see "TODO" comment)
Will probably want to put a lockfile detection method in one of these files /var/www/twiki/lib/TWiki/Store/RcsFile.pm /var/www/twiki/lib/TWiki/Store/RcsWrap.pm
NB the line numbers might be slightly different from the ones in TWiki20040902.tar.gz because I uncommented a few debug/logging statements and may have inserted some lines here & there. Have not substantially edited the code yet though.
- TWiki logfile for Feb 2005 is /var/www/twiki/data/log200502.txt
- TWiki debug file is /var/www/twiki/data/debug.txt
- Apache error logfile is /var/log/apache/error.log
- Apache access logfile is /var/log/apache/access.log
-- Ian Holmes - 25 Feb 2005
Redirects and aliases in httpd.conf:
[[Redirect Match]] ^/twiki/bin/view/Main/WebHome/?$ http://biowiki.org/ [[Redirect Match]] ^/twiki/bin/view/Main/([A-Z][A-Za-z_]+[A-Z][A-Za-z_]+)/?$ http://biowiki.o\ rg/$1 [[Alias Match]] ^/$ /var/www/twiki/bin/view [[Alias Match]] ^/([A-Z][A-Za-z_]+[A-Z][A-Za-z_]+)/?$ /var/www/twiki/bin/view/Main/$1 [[Script Alias]] /twiki/bin/ /var/www/twiki/bin/ ... (rest of usual TWiki stuff)
-- Ian Holmes - 25 Feb 2005