- Name: Pete Klosterman
- Login Name: pete
- Email: PSKlosterman at lbl.gov
- Location: Berkeley
- Comment: went to work at Affymetrix, September 2005
- Enhance Ian's xrate evolutionary substitution rate matrices program (part of the DART package) to support asymmetric rate matrices. Thanks to Gerton Lunter for an implementation of general (real) matrix exponentiation.
- Gerton's matrix exponentiation code has been tested extensively. It is quite accurate, agreeing with an extensive Taylor expansion to less than 1.0e-14; we have identified cases in which Gerton's code appears to behave well and the Taylor expansion diverges. Gerton's code has also been exercised in the context of the DART Xrate Program. A small test facility, Matrix Exponentiation Test, compares matrix exponentiation, using eigenvalues and eigenvectors, invoking Gerton's code, with that using eigenvalues and eigenvectors calculated using Robert Davies' implementation of Jacobi's method.
- This code is now used by xgram.
- TWiki.WelcomeGuest to learn TWiki
- Sandbox.WebHome web to try out TWiki
- Change Password
- TWiki. has site-level preferences of TWiki.
- has preferences of the TWiki.Main web.
- Main. has a list of other TWiki users.