TWiki Syntax Summary
This page provides online help for new TWiki users when editing a page. If there's some formatting that your contributors use often, you can customize this for your site's particular needs.
Keeping this help text short and simple is important since this page is aimed at new users. It does include pop-up links for more detailed help.
The following help text is shown at the top of the edit window:
- bold put word/phrase in asterisks:
- bullet list 3 spaces, asterisk, 1 space:
* your text
- headings 3 dashes, 1 to 6 pluses, 1 space:
---++ Your Heading
- italic put word/phrase in underscores:
- site links use topic name:
- external links
[[http://google.com/][link to Google]]
- monospaced put word/phrase in equal signs:
- paragraphs separate with blank line
Related topics: WikiSyntax, WikiWord, WikiNotation, TextFormattingRules, TWikiEditingShorthand, TWikiRenderingShortcut, TWikiShorthand