| ||-- JacobVogan - 25 Nov 2011
Homework #8b - Bayesian Analysis of Event Grouping
- event.pl: A perl script that infers what group a set of experiments belongs to using Bayesian inference.
- Accepts files that record one timed event per line, in chronological order, and with the last line indicating when the experiment terminated (EXAMPLE)
- Input reads two files defining two respective groups, and a third file to be analyzed (e.g. events.group1, events.group2, and events.unknown)
- Computes the posterior probabilities P( Group = 1 | Unknown ) and P( Group = 2 | Unknown ).
- Outputs the posterior probability P( Group = 2 | Unknown ) -- which in this homework is P(Active | E3).
- perl event.pl E1.txt E2.txt E3.txt Outputs the posterior probability P( E2 | E3 ). Default prior P( E2 ) = 0.01.
- perl event.pl -h Prints program information
- perl event.pl E1.txt E2.txt E3.txt -P 0.5 Option to change prior P( E2 ) to user STDIN (e.g. 0.5).